Crossroads Talent Solutions, LLC (Crossroads) is a Department of Veterans Affairs Certified Veteran Owned Small Business (VOSB), and State of Maryland Department of Transportation Minority and Disadvantaged Owned Small Business, with over 20 years of professional experience in the military, government, and the private sectors.
*Position is contingent upon award*
Crossroads is seeking a Site Lead(s) to support the Range Control Facilities in the following locations. The Site Lead serves as the on-duty specialist for coordination, access, and control of personnel and aircraft within the range training areas. The FDO regulates and ensures safety oversight for all range training area activities and enforces the published installation range regulations. The FDO advises installation leadership on current range operations and safety considerations. Additionally, the FDO is expected to function as the real-time coordinator for range operations across all facility sections. The FDO reports to and receives work direction derivatives from the Site Lead.
o Iwakuni, Japan
o Camp Fuji, Japan
o Camp Butler Japan
· Provide Air and Ground Fire Desk Operation services.
· Advise the Range Manager/Director on matters pertaining to airspace management, planning, and operations.
· Using RFMSS and IRSS, track scheduled units on the ranges and training areas.
· Update and post current range status during training operations on Range Facility Management Scheduling System (RFMSS).
· Track all range incidents, initiate emergency procedures and dispatch response services as necessary.
· Maintain accurate logs in RFMSS.
· Track all down range personnel in RFMSS.
· Alert the Officer in Charge, Range Safety Officer and Range Control personnel of any “Cease Fire” requirements in a timely manner.
· Enter range utilization data in RFMSS as units complete training and upon departure.
· Ensure RFMSS End-Of-Day functions are performed correctly.
· Develop and update range operations training program in accordance with MCO 3550, maintain accurate personnel training jackets, advise crew composition/ shift schedules to meet operational demands.
· Conduct qualification and training to Marines temporarily assigned to Range Control in Fire Desk Operations.
· Update and maintain RFMSS Logs, to include Airspace Activation/Deactivation, Status Change, Communications Check, Utilization, No Show/Cancellation, Downrange, Incident and End of Day Processing.
· Review approved range reservations prior to beginning of Operations.
· Attend RCF-related training as required.
· Perform other related duties incidental to the work described.
· High school diploma or equivalent.
· Required: Range Safety distance learning course (MarineNet).
· Graduate of the RFMSS Functional Administrator course. (preferred)
· Graduate of the Inter-Service Range Safety Course. (preferred)
· Graduate of the Range Manager Tool Kit (RMTK) ~ formerly Geographic Information System (GIS) for Range Managers Course. (preferred)
· Graduate of the Weapons Danger Zone (WDZ) Course (preferred).
· Graduate of the Range Airspace Manager Course (preferred)
· One year of experience working as an FDO.
· Ideal candidate is a former Marine SNCO or Officer who has experience working in the Air Traffic and Range Control community.
· Experience writing and publishing installation level orders and procedures.
· Experience with formulating and conducting pilot briefings.
· Experience and specialized knowledge of Special Use Airspace (SUA) and Surface Danger Zones (SDZ).
· Proficient in internet-based scheduling, ranges status, and aircraft monitoring systems.
· Proficient in computer applications such as Windows and MS Office.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Excellent organizational, planning, and prioritization skills.
· Excellent interpersonal skills.
Crossroads Talent Solutions, LLC is a Veteran friendly employer and provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, genetic information, marital status, ancestry, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veteran/Disabled
Founded in 2014 and headquartered in Maryland, Crossroads operates in 27 states, District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico. Crossroads is a Department of Veteran’s Affairs Certified Veteran Owned Small Business (VOSB), Small Business Administration (SBA) 8a Business Development program participant, and State of Maryland Department of Transportation Minority and Disadvantaged Owned Small Business, with over 25 years of professional experience in the military, government, and private sectors.
Our services include Administrative Support, Recruiting, Staffing, Human Resources Consulting, and Program Management Support. Crossroads is a GSA Multiple Schedule Award (MAS) holder, 47QRAA22D007Q, March 30, 2022 through March 29, 2027, with option period to March 29, 2042.