Mar 09, 2023
$80,000 - $125,000 yearly
Millig Design Build
Hybrid (Seattle, WA, USA)
We are seeking a Construction Manager to help grow our team. In this role, you will work alongside a site superintendent and Pre-Construction Manager to identify and evaluate subcontractors and form partnerships with vendors who share our commitment to approaching projects as a collaborative team. You will be responsible for managing safety plans and project budgets. Frequent travel is required.
- Conduct periodic site visits to monitor the progress of construction, review status of work completed during the period covered, review that work is proceeding in general accordance with the approved drawings and specifications
- Review contractors' direct cost payment requisitions and budget status, review of subcontracts, bonds/subcontractor default insurance, review of change orders, review of developer's monthly Job Cost Reports, adequacy of contingency, and construction schedules
- Prepare Project Status Reports and recommend the release of construction funds
- Review contract drawings and specifications looking for completeness and general compliance with commonly accepted architectural /engineering best practices
- Review and make relevant comments concerning the terms of the construction agreement, the submitted subcontracts, architectural and engineering design agreements, building loan agreement as well as review contractor qualification statements
- Review and comment on construction and disbursement schedules as well as other submitted documents including but not limited to: zoning approvals, certified surveys, building permits and approvals, utility company approval letters, soil and foundation engineering reports, and designer's certification of code and ADA compliance
- Prepare Construction Risk Assessment Reports
- Conduct effective performance evaluations of the superintendent and other key personnel on your project team.
- Ensure all key activities of subcontractors are pre-planned.
- Ensure project closeout, punch list items, warranty, operations manuals and as-built drawings are complete.
- Maintain excellent client relationships with the owner, state program representatives and subcontractors.
- Be involved in estimating projects in development
- Be able to attend presentations to clients representing the construction department when needed.
- Navigate and process all required documents for various state programs as required for the execution of select projects.
Our Commitment to You:
At Millig, we believe in providing flexibility and work-life balance. We trust our employees to do the jobs they are hired to do, value their contributions, and strive to provide a great place to work. To achieve these goals, we provide:
- Performance bonuses above and beyond base salary and profit sharing
- Flexible schedules with hybrid remote work options
- Paid vacation (and you are required to use them!)
- Professional development support, including a budget for training licenses and certifications
- Profit-sharing and 401k match starting from Day 1 (no vesting period)
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Mechanical Engineering, Project Management, General-Other: Construction-Skilled Trades, HVAC, Site Superintendent
NO Security Clearance
- Previous field operations experience in construction
- Knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems in commercial, institutional, and public sector facilities
- Ability to read, understand and interpret contract documents including drawings, specifications, scopes of work, and project schedules
- Familiarity with energy efficiency, retro-commissioning, and mechanical and electrical systems and willingness to learn new solutions and technologies
- Experience with the Design-Build and Integrated Project Delivery Methods
If you're interested in a role and could see yourself doing a great job, don't let a few missing qualifications stop you from applying.