Sterling Site Access Solutions LLC is a national vertically integrated site access service provider to the North American Energy Infrastructure Marketplace. An Illinois based company, with facilities located across the country, including regional construction offices, distribution centers and world class manufacturing facilities. As a data driven company, Sterling provides complete turnkey ground protection products and services to the transmission & distribution, renewables, civil and oil & gas markets. Sterling is committed to developing our employees, providing best in class customer service and being responsible stewards of the environment.
The goal of the FE is to support the needs of the project through a wide variety of field-focused activities under the direction of Field Operations Manager and various Crew Leaders.
The primary responsibility is to complete assigned activities on-time and with excellence in accordance with the Company’s policies and procedures through cooperation and collaboration with others.
To be successful, the FE must be flexible, organized and able to carry out detailed instructions provided by those he/she is supporting to complete the work of a project. The FE shall demonstrate sound judgement and provide timely communication and ensure accurate information is effectively handed-off to various project stakeholders. The FE shall protect the interests of the company, while advocating for the Customer.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
In general, the employee is expected to:
· Consistently demonstrate commitment and support for the Sterling Vision and Mission, policies, and procedures.
· Pursue Continuous Improvement activities to ensure efficiency and effectiveness within area of responsibility.
· Comply with and be an advocate of the company’s Environmental, Health & Safety Policy and Procedures.
· Assume other responsibilities and complete tasks as assigned to meet the on-going needs of the organization.
The Field Engineer will be expected to carry-out the following activities as assigned:
· Complete a walkdown of a jobsite.
· Provide quality accurate information to other team members.
· Review and interpret project documents.
· Assist with the coordination of delivery logistics
· Assist with mobilization & jobsite arrival activities
· Participate in tailgate meetings.
· Assist with the execution of daily, onsite, work activities
· Assist with the completion of Incident Reports.
· Classify mat quality.
· Communicate regularly and effectively with the field crew and project team.
· Create a Daily Field Log.
· Participate in operations calls.
· Troubleshoot and assist in the resolution of project-related problems.
· Conduct regular site visits according to standard inspection schedule.
· Complete jobsite closure and demobilization activities.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
· Character consistent with the Sterling Values and Business Code of Conduct & Ethics.
· Portray a consistent, positive, and winning attitude with a team mindset.
· Self-starter, ability to handle criticism.
· Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly in a fast-paced environment.
· Effectively communicate in English
EDUCATION, TRAINING, CERTIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
· High School Diploma
· This is an entry-level position. Minimal work experience is required.
· OSHA 10 Certification preferred, but will train
· CPR / First Aid Certification preferred, but will train
· Must possess valid Driver’s License and clean driving record
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT: This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the role.
For over 72 years, Sterling has delivered innovation that matters to our customers, with expert customer service. Today we’re helping customers safely access even the most remote and complex jobsites. Our turnkey solutions come from decades spent working in all the industries we serve, at every stage of major projects. We’re headquartered in Phoenix, IL (southwest of Chicago), with additional locations in Lufkin, TX, and throughout the United States. Whether your background is in manufacturing, engineering, business, IT, or project management, we might have just the opportunity for your skills.